There are plenty of firms in the market which have not earned of these three characteristics. They have difficulty in attracting talented employees as well as good clients. I use to work with Sapient Corporation. The company was a favorite for graduating students in my college. It had been winning "the best places to work for" title for years. When I joined the company I learned that it did business with some of the best companies. In spite of being smaller than the major software players, it still attracted skilled programmers. Thus its identity, image and reputation helped it compete with the giants.
While working, I realized that these three characteristics played an important role for my progress. During the training I developed identity amongst my colleagues and when I began the project and started helping others, my image and reputation in the team improved, and it helped me get a promotion.
I also think that it is important for a company to have a strong reputation in order to attract the best clients and employees.Some of the best companies use identity to set the tone on what they want thier employees to be , while they use image to set the tone on how other view them. When you have all three characteristics well defined then your company will likely be successful. That is nice that at your company the more you adopt the identity of the organization then the more likely you are to be promoted.While the strong reputation of your company allowed you to do business with some of the best other companies.
ReplyDeleteI certainly agree that image, identity, and reputation being the three characteristics are of utmost importance to a company As mentioned in your example that by adopting the identity of your company you gained a promotion. A company embedded with abundance of these characteristics will automatically attract valuable clients and skilled employees as you have mentioned. Along with these characteristics the company should also provide a strong organizational commitment that is consistent with the image, identity, and reputation.
ReplyDelete