Thursday, October 14, 2010

How do you see media relations used in your work environment?

In the 21st century, media has become very powerful. It is the medium through which we get to know the happenings of the world. Media can remove the curtains to show the world the truth. Also media brings front the injustice done to people. Every company has to have positive relations with the media in oder to market there brand name , image and reputation. Media plays a big role in bringing new customers and retaining the old ones. New releases and new products can be marketed very well to the customers if the company has good relations with the media. Media can be of many type, television and radio where in existence since long but now social networking (  facebook and twitter) are becoming as important as others. 

Well I worked for Met life for a while and we used both the newspaper and television media for advertising both our existing and new products. Nowadays we have created a Facebook page and have more than 12000 members joined to it.  




3 comments:

  1. Superb ! I like the way you have described the power of India. Very essential in modern world to have a great relationship with media. They do have a power to make over night hero or zero.Sometimes I wonder who restricts such an immense power in reality. Sometimes media becomes so irresponsible and no body can do anything. Law process is very much cumbersome as well. I like the picture of link you have attached.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Face book is not enough in current trends. Organizations are building links between twitter and various other social networking applications. These applications provide more networking power and help to reach people having similar ideas. I think Met life should build more stronger relationship with media and convey their messages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have all very true statements. Media is powerful, can reveal truths, and media can be very helpful to an organization. It's hard to ignore the negative aspects of media. Media can be incorrect, such as in the news. It can concentrate on the bad instead of the good, and it can be the downfall of an organization just as well as it can help an organization.

    ReplyDelete