Sunday, October 10, 2010

How do you see media relations used in your work environment?

As my experiences, I see Chili’s doing good job and effort to establish media strategy and promote themselves. They know how to combine the most popular internet programs together. They put the link—facebook, twitters, youtube…etc on the official website and let people share links to friends. They are really wise to collect fans.






If you notice the right side under corner of the website, you would found they even have their own “Chili’s Radio”. As Chili’s fan, I’d happy to listen the radio when I get online. Actually, I was listening to the radio when I was typing this blog.

As you can see, they have already have 480,548 fans in chili’s facebook, almost 1,1000 twitter followers. Chili’s reply peoples’ common very often or announce the latest promotion in time. These are good platforms for fans and chili’s managers to multicommunicate with each other.




3 comments:

  1. It is good to know there is another chili's fan in class. The website of Chili's shows that Chili;s not only focus on the internet media which are facebook, twitters,and youtube but also Chili's has its own radio on the website. But for restaurant, in my opinion, the best media is customers,people enjoy the food in Chili's will spread this information to thier friend and families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best blog I have ever read so far. To be honest with you, I am not a moderate blog reader, but I really enjoyed the way, you visually presented the real word example. You really worked a lot to develop the blog. If possible, I would love to learn form you how should express ones view so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, nice organize of the blog writing. I like the way you put words and pictures together to make me quick and easy to understand.
    Internet is developing so fast and it becomes a key channel for a company to connect to potential customers. In my point of view, what you explain is the social media including using of facebook and twitter. It is a great way to make connections with customers when there are some new products or developments want to release. It is fast and cheap. I mean the company even doesn’t need to expense extra money in the media but human resource. You explained that Chili is likely to reply people’s comments in time. That’s really appreciated since lost of companies open their account in the facebook but rarely update their information and didn’t care about the customers comments. That would make customers feel bad and they would perceive the company badly in reputation area. For Chili, it would be good if they can maintain their in time replies and maintain its social media runs well continuously.

    ReplyDelete